PSI VisSIG Wonderful Wednesday Webinar Series
This is a good opportunity to develop your knowledge by thinking through a practical example, practicing how to apply graphics principles, and developing your coding skills.
PSI are delighted to announce that we are including a “student day” again in 2022 where students who are studying for a BSc, MSc or PhD can attend the first full day of the conference (Monday 13th June) at a reduced rate and experience
all that our professional conference has to offer.
PSI would like to offer this reduced rate as a way of giving something back to the statistical community and also as a way of investing in the future talent, which we know we need in the industry.
We are hoping this gives students the opportunity to experience a taste of what a professional conference is like and will enable them to:
● Interact with statisticians, programmers and data scientists who have experience in the industry and to listen to the wide variety of talks on offer, which this year include
○ Estimands, Machine Learning, Data Science, Decision Making, Subgroups, Historical Data, Benefit-Risk and a session on manuscript writing linked to the PSI journal Pharmaceutical Statistics.
● Speak to all the company exhibitors during the tea and coffee breaks or over lunch. This is a rare opportunity to speak to this many companies at once and find out about potential career opportunities.
● Listen to our Career Young Statisticians session - a session in which all the presenters are “Career Young”, so have less than 5 years industry experience
● Attend a networking event for anyone who is career young and is organised by the PSI CALC (Careers and Academic Liaison Committee).
● Attend our evening poster session to learn about all the exciting work going on in the industry at the moment.
● Listen to our keynote speaker on that day – Jonas Häggström (Vice President of Global Health at Cytel and Chair of the Inernational COVID-19 Data Alliance Statistical Expert Group) speak on
Evaluating Therapeutics to reduce the effects of COVID -19 - a coordinated Global Research approach.
The conference will run from 9am – 7pm on Monday 13th June and the discounted price for students is 450 SEK for the day and includes lunch and coffee breaks on that day.
Please note that students will be responsible for their own travel costs and there will be a limit of 30 places available at this reduced cost, on a first come first served basis. To qualify for this discounted rate, applicants will need to become student members of PSI. This is a free membership to obtain and all the details and the application form can be found here.
Once the student has their membership approved they will need to register for the conference and select the appropriate student fee and enter their PSI membership number.
We are aware that the timing of the conference is not ideal given the potential clash with university end of year examinations, but we are hopeful that some students might have finished their exams by this date or may not have to take any this academic
If you have any further questions regarding the student day then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.